Did Seafoam cause this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did Seafoam cause this?

I have a 1994 f150 Scab 4wd with the 351 v8. I found an extra can of Seafoam in the garage today, and decided to run about 1/2 a 8oz. can of Seafoam through my master cylinder vacuum line. I shut it off waited 10 minutes or so, then fired up the engine and let it run. Smoke everywhere. I've done this before with great success on other trucks, outboards, etc; today was different.
Since the seafoam treatment, the truck has developed a rough idle, as if it's not running on all cylinders, and it stumbles a bit off the line. Once up to speed, I don't notice that anything is wrong.
I decided to use a bit more Seafoam, and repeat the process to see if I could fix what I broke, but the problem still exists.
Since I added a little Seafoam to the tanks also, I figured I may have stirred up some crap and plugged the fuel filter so I put in a new one. The problem still occurs. Anybody got an idea about what caused this, and how to fix it?

Old 10-04-2006, 08:51 PM
maybe covered a plug in deposits broke loose from seafoam. Fouled out

Old 10-04-2006, 09:23 PM
I have never personally used it, and don't personally believe in it, but are you supposed to add it to the tank?

Old 10-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Or you cleaned your cylinders so well, that now its got a knock.

But im with fouled plugs...
-Patrick

Old 10-04-2006, 09:31 PM
or it got crap in the MAP sensor.. but pull the plugs... and check them... seafoam can cause more problems than it fixed.. it also could have poped out a head gasket.. since dense liquids dont compress to well.. and causes hydrolocking... are u burning and coolant?

Old 10-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Faster150
since dense liquids dont compress to well..
LMAOROFL !!!

Oh, man, not again

Fact: No liquid - ANY liquid, compresses AT ALL.

Please keep the entertaining BS coming - I do sooo enjoy your posts

Cheers
Bubba

Old 10-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Fact: No liquid - ANY liquid, compresses AT ALL.
LOL!

uh... liquids are perfectly compressible, it just requires alot of effort for little gain.

http://www.physlink.com/Education/askExperts/ae15.cfm

therefore, ALL liquids compress... which would, in this case, make Faster150s statement more true than yours.

just the facts ma'am

Trending Topics

Old 10-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by chavez243ca
LOL!

uh... liquids are perfectly compressible, it just requires alot of effort for little gain.

therefore, ALL liquids compress... which would, in this case, make Faster150s statement more true than yours.

just the facts ma'am
For all intensive purposes the assumption is liquids are incompressible. Yes they will compress but it takes too much effort to consider them compressible.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:00 AM
Put your truck on the bottom of the ocean and compress it!

Old 10-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by xopis
For all intensive purposes the assumption is liquids are incompressible. Yes they will compress but it takes too much effort to consider them compressible.
For "all intents and purposes" liquids are compressible, just because something is difficult to do, that does not negate that fact that it is attainable. Even solids are compressible - check some married chick's finger - diamonds are compressed carbon (heat also req'd) - but a diamonds increased density over amorphous carbon indicates that it is indeed compressed.

If you wish to state that within the confines of an internal combustion engine, liquids do not compress - well, that may be closer to a practical truth, but still a theoretical falsehood.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:07 PM
LOL!

just the facts ma'am

thx... not all people payed attention in physics about molecular structures of solids liquids and gas's and why they are compressable and why the arent.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by xopis

really now... how does a pressure washer work... ohh hey!! it compresses washer.. i work with high pressure sewer clean out trucks.. that use 4-8,000PSI of water.. yes u can compress liquids.. if there is a space between the molecules it is compressable.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:10 PM
For "all intents and purposes" liquids are compressible, just because something is difficult to do, that does not negate that fact that it is attainable. Even solids are compressible - check some married chick's finger - diamonds are compressed carbon (heat also req'd) - but a diamonds increased density over amorphous carbon indicates that it is indeed compressed.

If you wish to state that within the confines of an internal combustion engine, liquids do not compress - well, that may be closer to a practical truth, but still a theoretical falsehood.

on the old fighter jet planes they use to inject water into the engines to incress compression.. now it kinda killed the life of the engine.. but it made them some high compression monsters

Old 10-05-2006, 01:48 PM
So, we have physics lessons and grammar lessons. Hope Tblock got the answers he was asking for.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark05KR
So, we have physics lessons and grammar lessons. Hope Tblock got the answers he was asking for.
Lol that is the important thing here. And yes Faster150 should have said the seafoam liquid doesnt compress like the gasses in the combustion chamber do.
-Patrick

Quick Reply: Did Seafoam cause this?