Went through high water and uh oh...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went through high water and uh oh...

Got caught in the rain/flash flooding, my 05 Exp took water into the passenger side, the truck stayed running and I was able to drive it home, everyhting seemed ok until the next morning when my battery was dead. I assume that something shorted opne, I think the clock stayed on and there was a faint blower sound. I jumped the battery and let it run, all seemed well until the next morning again and the battery was dead again. I checked the fuse box and there was a lot of water in it, I pulled the fuse box out, disconnected everything, pulled all the fuses/relays out, blew the water out with air and put it back together, letting the battery charge overnight. Now I have 12+ volts at the battery and coming into the fuse box, my dome lights/headlights/keyless entry/locks work but nothing else....any suggestions before I call the insuarnace company/dealer to come get it?

Old 09-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I would definitely let the insurance company and or dealership handle that one. especially if all your fuses checkout.
I'm guessing it's your PCM that needs replacing, a portion of your board is most likely fried.

Good Luck!!

Last edited by jbrew; 09-04-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:12 AM
alternator is probably burned out

Old 09-05-2006, 12:29 AM
yea, definately let the insurance company sort that one out...if it's got anything to do with the PCM, it's gonna cost WAY more than your deductible, so let them deal with it...

Good luck bud..._motes

Old 09-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You also need to check your diffs. If you were in that deep of water, they could have sucked some in thru the breather tubes.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:03 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Call the insurance company. If the fuse box got wet you are in for a life time of problems. Also as was mentionned if it was in water deep enough to get the fuse box wet then you might have water in the drive train. Have both differentials, transmission and transfer case, if applicable, looked at by the insurance company too.

JMC

Quick Reply: Went through high water and uh oh...