Lingering problems, maintenance questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lingering problems, maintenance questions

I love this site. Found it on a search for IAC valve. I tapped on the IAC with the end of a screw driver and the RPM's went from 400 to 1200 right away. So I pulled it off and cleaned it. Also cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body while I was under the hood. It still runs a little rough though at idle. Then I found a vaccum leak at a rubber elbow that connects to the throttle body. I checked at Advanced and they didn't have this part. I haven't checked any where else yet, but would AutoZone have something like this? Can I get all of the vacuum hoses and connections as a kit or do I have to piece it together? I taped it up for now, but its still idling rough. Its a '99 F150 5.4L 4x4 w/125,xxx miles on it. I bought it a couple of years ago with 90,xxx plus miles on it and haven't really done anything to it. I changed the fuel filter and simple stuff like that, but haven't done plugs or trans flush ect... I am planning on changing plugs, flushing the cooling system, regular maintenance that I have put off. Is there anything to look out for on this engine like siezed plugs or similar stuff like that? Should I do a trans flush at this milage? I basically need to do everything to and I'm not sure where to start.

Also, the digital odometer doesn't always display, sometimes it is really faded and other times it is blank. Is there a loose connection somewhere?

The airbag key switch doesn't light up in either position. Does this mean the passenger airbag is always on? always off? I have an 11 year old that likes to sit up front with dad, but is it safe?

I know this is a lot of questions for my first post, but reading through some of the threads made me think about how much I have neglected my truck. Any feedback would be helpfull. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Old 08-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Lingering problems, maintenance questions