Gasy smell

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gasy smell

My exhaust(duals straight out the back) smells really gassy at times. What could be causing this? I have a 351W 5.8. My truck has 89,000 miles on it. Also it was jerking really hard or shifting hard and hesitates sometimes. So I check all my plugs and they looked good so I put them back in. Since I have checked them it hasn't shifted hard anymore but it still hesitates every now and then. I think either a plug was a little loose or a wire wasn't tight on the plug. Should I go ahead and put new plugs and wires on it? I think we're going to sell my turck since my dad is going to get a new f-250 this fall and I'll just taked over his payments on his 2002 f-250 Powerstroke. I guese I'd have to create a new name?lol..

Old 08-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Definitely do plugs and wires this a cheap job that will do wonders for any veh that runs rough and should be done any ways when you have that many miles on it[if its never been done before]. Also even though you said the exhaust smells gassy pay attention to the fuel rail and make sure its not an injector leaking.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by dptyscott
Definitely do plugs and wires this a cheap job that will do wonders for any veh that runs rough and should be done any ways when you have that many miles on it[if its never been done before]. Also even though you said the exhaust smells gassy pay attention to the fuel rail and make sure its not an injector leaking.
Well I bought my truck used so I'm not sure if plugs have been changed before. I will probably do it sometime this week or weekend.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Talking

Good luck I just put a motor in my 94 351w so I am very intimate with this set up.

Quick Reply: Gasy smell