Performance issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 05:13 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Leave it off and tell me what happens. MAF engines usually die from large vacuum leaks. Speed density engines speed up.

JMC

Old 07-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
reguardless of is this is a $6 fix or a $600 fix, i would be pissed to have to be doing this type of maintennce on a truck with 20k miles.

i personally dont think seafoam would cure your problem. sure $6 wont hurt, but i would not hold my breath.
You are right I am pretty much done with ford trucks next go around but will try some seafoam what the hell

Old 07-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by jbrew
OMG- NEVER HEARD OF THE STUFF ? Act's like he's doing us a favor by using the stuff ...What the helll? Why waste your time on this putz -

People who have allot of problems generally because they are lazy and won't search the issue, most of all have a problem listening to others (they think there above all that or something..)

Suck that seafoam up your nose until it bleeds out your ears, shut yourself down for the night, wake up (I guess) - start your day by running yourself into walls untiil you start thinking straight, don't worry about the balck smoke pooring out all of your exits, that's just all that currupt thinking carbon build up from chilhood burning off...
Have you been a ***** your whole life or just on this thread, I'll bet you are a UAW auto worker wondering why ford stock is now $6 a share and don't have a clue

Old 07-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2nd Opinion

Since you are under warranty take the truck to another dealer and see what they say or do for the problem. Sounds like the dealer is trying to get money out of you. With less than 20k there should not be a carbon build up problem in your truck. Sounds like typical stealership money gouging to me. I would not get upset about it over the words of one dealership. Take the truck to the dealership where you bought it if that was not the one. Dealerships try to get out of warranty work if they can. I would try a fuel filter change and the suggested seafoam.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:40 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by blackf-150
Have you been a ***** your whole life or just on this thread, I'll bet you are a UAW auto worker wondering why ford stock is now $6 a share and don't have a clue

LOL - YES!! I can be sometimes.. NOPE!! Construction worker. I don't entertain stock options or really pay attenetion to that anymore - not enough money in it. I've been real fortunate in realestate over the years - it's slowed down a bit here - Cali is where it's happening at present, but I'm still makin it!!
I don't waste my time wondering , so I don't need any clue's. I listen to what people have to say and learn from it if I can. Don't knock it till u try it - SoToSpeak Doiyyy ....

Last edited by jbrew; 07-10-2006 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Had my 04 5.4 3V in to dealer for performance issues and they told me I had carbon in my intake runners they pulled off the fuel rail on one side and they told me that it was not covered under warranty as ford didn't consider it a design flaw and they want $615 to pull the top end off and clean it and they told me would probably be the same in a year or so has anyone heard of such a thing???? I told my dealer I was not spending 600 on a 2 year old truck with only 20K on it and that it would be my last ford truck, any help would be appreciated
Call the customer complaints office and file a complaint, or you can just threaten to do that, and they WILL fix your truck. You'd be surprised at how bad you can hurt a dealer if you know what to do. Just do some research and contact Ford, and tell them what's going on. You will see some results soon.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by ScrewedUPF150
Since you are under warranty take the truck to another dealer and see what they say or do for the problem. Sounds like the dealer is trying to get money out of you. With less than 20k there should not be a carbon build up problem in your truck. Sounds like typical stealership money gouging to me. I would not get upset about it over the words of one dealership. Take the truck to the dealership where you bought it if that was not the one. Dealerships try to get out of warranty work if they can. I would try a fuel filter change and the suggested seafoam.
Thanx that is going to b emy next move this isn't the dealer I bought from but is about 90mi. closer should have made the trip in the first place

Old 07-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by chester8420
Call the customer complaints office and file a complaint, or you can just threaten to do that, and they WILL fix your truck. You'd be surprised at how bad you can hurt a dealer if you know what to do. Just do some research and contact Ford, and tell them what's going on. You will see some results soon.
Thanx for the info

Old 07-10-2006, 11:56 PM
LOL - YES!! I can be sometimes.. NOPE!! Construction worker. I don't entertain stock options or really pay attenetion to that anymore - not enough money in it. I've been real fortunate in realestate over the years - it's slowed down a bit here - Cali is where it's happening at present, but I'm still makin it!!
I don't waste my time wondering , so I don't need any clue's. I listen to what people have to say and learn from it if I can. Don't knock it till u try it - SoToSpeak Doiyyy ....
**** now I do feel bad I am retired from consturcton trade(electical) I am just getting very frustrated with ford dealers they want to fight you on every warranty issue that comes up after you pay 30K for a truck

Old 07-11-2006, 12:52 PM
**** now I do feel bad I am retired from consturcton trade(electical) I am just getting very frustrated with ford dealers they want to fight you on every warranty issue that comes up after you pay 30K for a truck
You have to remember that you are the boss, and that your truck is almost new. You have a lot of recourse, if you play your cards right and talk to the right people.

You ought to have to deal with GM!!!!!

Old 07-11-2006, 08:02 PM

Don't mind if I do - It's cool... I thought your truck was a prime candidate for the Seafoam treatment or B12 that Faster150 sugested because your truck is fairly new and the build up shouldn't be that bad, but it might be enough to be giving you problems, therfore this treatment seamed like the wise choice here - Zaairman was giving you great advice and JMC described how to go about it. People on this site like Chester and the guys above KNOW there chit !! Just by searching past posts by them or searching your problem you learn so much from people here . It's easy and fast and freakin works..Often it doesn't seem like anyone really wants to dig in an investigate there problem, they would rather have someone hold there hand(ewww!!) and walk them threw it - (gets old after awhile) When others are advised to search for it here I don't think they do and you can tell lol - You can keep you Ford truck alive and well for along time being a part of this site.. Anyway , it might be worth it to give that stuff in the can a try first before you go head on with the dealer..Good Luck

Last edited by jbrew; 07-11-2006 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Don't mind if I do - It's cool... I thought your truck was a prime candidate for the Seafoam treatment or B12 that Faster150 sugested because your truck is fairly new and the build up shouldn't be that bad, but it might be enough to be giving you problems, therfore this treatment seamed like the wise choice here - Zaairman was giving you great advice and JMC described how to go about it. People on this site like Chester and the guys above KNOW there chit !! Just by searching past posts by them or searching your problem you learn so much from people here . It's easy and fast and freakin works..Often it doesn't seem like anyone really wants to dig in an investigate there problem, they would rather have someone hold there hand(ewww!!) and walk them threw it - (gets old after awhile) When others are advised to search for it here I don't think they do and you can tell lol - You can keep you Ford truck alive and well for along time being a part of this site.. Anyway , it might be worth it to give that stuff in the can a try first before you go head on with the dealer..Good Luck
It's in the works as we speak

Old 07-13-2006, 04:20 AM

It's in the works as we speak

GREAT!! Make sure you post back here when u get-er figured out thanx..

Quick Reply: Performance issues