wont start

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry wont start

i have 2000 f150. my grandson was pushing the rds button on the radio and turning other things off and on. there was no keys in the ignition. now my truck wont start. the radio dose not work. i could jump it at the sil. and it would run. i dissconnected the battery. now the radio comes back on but still wont start even if i jump it at the sil. is there a start relay that controls this and could that be the problem.:

Old 07-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mdc1
i have 2000 f150. my grandson was pushing the rds button on the radio and turning other things off and on. there was no keys in the ignition. now my truck wont start. the radio dose not work. i could jump it at the sil. and it would run. i dissconnected the battery. now the radio comes back on but still wont start even if i jump it at the sil. is there a start relay that controls this and could that be the problem.:
Reminds me of when my daughter started randomly hitting buttons and managed to disable the A/C controls. You might want to pick up a loaner scan tool from your local Auto zone / Shucks / Kragen / Napa, etc and see if it throws any codes.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
What is the status of the THEFT light before and during starting attempts.

Hard to believe a kid could break your truck......

..and what is a "sil"?

Steve

Quick Reply: wont start