Weird question hopefully someone can help...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird question hopefully someone can help...

I have a 03 F-150 Screw with the 5.4. Well last night I was changing the spark plugs because the originals has 79,000 miles on them, and I got all the spark plugs but 1. On the passenger side last plug (I think thats #8), I got the coil pack off and tried to get the plug out but the socket would not go over the plug. I worked a mirror in there (its so tight in there that was a challenge on its own) to see what I could see and there is something stuck between the wall and the top of the plug making the socket not go on. I dont know if I dropped something in there or there was something in there to start with. I tried for about 3 hours to get it out with no success, then i decided to try and put silicone on the tip of a screwdrive and place it against the object and let it sit over night hoping it will gluee itself to the screwdriver. I woke up this morning and it didnt come out with the screwdriver.
I put the coil pack back on and drive it the way it is. It runs 10 times better now with the Plat II plugs and I just want that last one done but I dont know what to do. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

Brian

Old 05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
I had the same problem with my 4.6 97 model. it wound up being something like sand cluttered up down in the hole.i used a blow gun and carb cleaner and got most of it out.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Not to be a jerk, but thats #4. Anyway, i agree with the above, just some crap in it hopefully!

Old 05-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Better method is to hook up a rubber hose to your shop vac and suck all the grime and such out of there. If that does not work you can try a magnet. Good luck.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:27 PM
I believe it is a piece of rubber. Unless ofcourse it is just a piece of debris.

When I did mine there was a round piece of rubber on the #4 plug. Don't know where it came from.

The way I was able to get the plug out was to NOT use a plug socket. Instead use the same size deep well socket to get the plug loose then pull the plug out with a magnet. (Use this on all 8 makes it a lot easier)

For you I would try a small dental pic and compressed air.

Good luck!!

Quick Reply: Weird question hopefully someone can help...