combination question

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
combination question

hey all im wondering if this is a good idea- BBK 75mm TB, K&N CAI, and a TB spacer..i already have a catback and thinking about hi-flo cats? what kind of results and gains should i expect if this is even a good idea..thanks.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:02 PM
The 75mm throttle body isn't going to provide you much help on a mildly modified vehicle. I run a blown 5.4 and just ported my stock unit.

The CAI system will go nicely with you exhaust, providing better breathing for your truck. I wouldn't however, waste the money on the K&N branded unit unless money is no object to you. K&N, Volant, AF1, Knock off, they are all the same basic design and makeup. You could even buy a knock off, then go and buy a K&N filter from autozone and still be well under the price of one of the name brand units.

The TB spacer is a complete waste of money. I have one, it isn't worth the metal it is made with.

I'd save the $250 or so you'd pay for the TB and Spacer and convert to E-fans. They reduce most of the drag on your serpentine belt system to free up some power. I am not a big fan of underdrive pullies either, as they reduce the drag but also the cooling capacity and charge capacity. I had them some years back on a mustang. I removed all but the crank pulley to maintain optimal performance.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:13 PM
what about the hiflo cats?

Quick Reply: combination question