engine build up

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
engine build up

i like troyer performance!! they have all the mods that i want, well almost, but being able to see all this stuff and the prices, WOW.
the mods i plan are the bbk 75 mm thrtlebody, msd coil packs (with suggested wires and denso iridium plugs), 77mm maf sensor, af1 air kit,(thanks to bartak1 for the site info) hurst classic shifter, jba shorty headers and an x pipe exhaust ( if it will work on a 4x4.)
now with that being said what kind of performance should i expect?
which chip or tuner would be best for my mod application, cause i still plan on running 87 or 89 e10 gas. or will i have to run a higher octane due to the improved ignition and plugs.
if anyone has any of these parts, all of the feed back will be appreciated. I would ask what the best muffler would be, but thats a bridge thats been burned more than once. ill do the research on that one unless bigtruck and fourpointsix finish their independent tests on respective mufflers in the near future. oh and b4 i forget how much power saving do you actually get from installing an electric fan.

thanks again in advance

Old 01-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best mod I have done powerwise was my K & N FIPK. I'm sure it was also helped by my exhaust, which was also the coolest mod. I've got the ignition upgrade, but it's not fully installed due to crap in one of the holes. But from the 7 new plugs and new wires and coil packs, it's got more power. It doesn't downshift on hills that it used to. It seems to have more power, but of couse the old ignition was original with 100k. And although Troyer is expensive, it seems that he is cheaper than buying all of the stuff individually.

Quick Reply: engine build up