MY 1997 F150 Is Getting Pissed.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY 1997 F150 Is Getting Pissed.

Problems: Shakes at idle and 1-2.5 rpms,No Ehuast from cat back.Cat is good.Shuts off somtimes during low rpm.

Solutions: Better Gas seems to make it run a little smoother,New plugs helped for about 5 miles,New Coils helped for about 15 miles. New Egr seem to stop the shutting off. Cleaned carbon out of Air Box.

1. Still shakes.
2.Still misfires in cyc.#4
3.egr is still showing faults

Any help ? im going to check the fuel system next.I getting neverous about it, i dont think the engine is bad.?

Old 01-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Three most common causes of misfires:
1. Ignition (plugs, wires, coil)
2. Gas (dirty or clogged injector)
3. Compression (worn rings, burnt valves)

You said new plugs and coils, did you change wires? You said new EGR valve... Did you try cleaning the old one? What about the EGR ports in the throttle body (gunked up)? How about the Idle Air Controller (clean)? What exact codes are you getting? Is there any leak in the DPFE vacuum tubes?
What engine and how many miles? Try and be as specific as you can in your post, it makes it much easier to diagnose problems.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry but this is very common.

going in the wrong direction and just throwing parts at it. next will prolly say ford sucks.

you must diagnose your problem first.

as mentioned above please be more specific on the specs of your truck and we will try to help then

good luck-

Quick Reply: MY 1997 F150 Is Getting Pissed.