stock fan removel

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation stock fan removel

does anyone which direction to remove large nut holding on stock fan,reg or reverse threads?

Old 12-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Regular - right hand - my shop manual told me differently - only 25 ft lbs I believe, LOL

Old 12-14-2005, 10:32 PM
When I removed mine here's what I did.

Remove one of the 4 bolts that hold the pulley on behind that nut. Now, take one of the bolts that retains the washer fluid reservoir and grind one side of the attached washer flat. Now you'll need a piece of steel or bar that is ~1/4" thick and has a hole in the bottom large enough to accept that nut you just ground the washer flat on. (stay with me it's not as complicated as it sounds! LOL)

Screw the longer bolt through the bar into the hole you removed that 4th bolt from. Hold with your left hand and I used a pipe wrench to loosen the fan. Lefty loosey BTW. Once you get the fan broken loose you can remove the long bolt and bar and spin the fan off by hand. Be carefull not to drop it once you reach the end of the threads!

Old 12-14-2005, 10:54 PM
long flat plade screw drivers an allen wrench big enough and a hammer.. pry the long screw driver between two bolts on one side to hole it still put the wrench on the nut and hit it with a hammer to break it loose.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To loosen a fan on ANY vehicle, turn it in the SAME direction the fan rotates when the engine is running. Think about it.... if the fan loosened the other way, it would unscrew itself during normal operation.

-joe

Quick Reply: stock fan removel