Temp Gauge Probe ( Coolant ) Help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Temp Gauge Probe ( Coolant ) Help?

Im looking to purchase a Ford Racing water temp gauge and oil pressure gauge for a pillar pod. Im using the far right front corner manifold plug for the temp gauge im using right now. Is that ok, or is there a better location thats more accurate. I was told to find a T-Stat Neck with the top made to take a sensor. Does anyone make one of those and is that really the best location.

ALSO , Where's the best place to find a Pillar Pod that matches the light gray interior for F-150's ?

Some education would be much Appreciated !! :santa:

Old 12-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dunno about the temp gauge...
The pod can be gotten from egauges.com, comes in black ABS plasic, but can be be painted with spray cans they sell...... pretty good match from their color chart.....LOL

Old 12-04-2005, 10:41 PM
I thought you could get these already painted to match. I really did'nt want to deal with spraying it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 12-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use the same right front manifold tap for my guage and it is dead on to the temp sent to the PCM (based on datalogging) To me, dead on is close enough.
The pillar pods don't come pre-colored to my knowledge. Autometer makes a pretty good line of them. They look good when painted and properly installed. Take a look:
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 12-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Thats exactely what im shooting for Des. I just sent you an email.

Thanks

Old 12-06-2005, 05:05 PM
I put a tap in the heater hose on the water pump outlet for my temp gauge. Unfortunately I haven't got those pics up in my gallery but if you are interested I could dig them up. I did it without cutting the hose by just adding a piece from another molded hose I had laying around. Works great. You can watch the thermostat open and close and when at temp it is right on at 195 right where it should be.

As far as the pilar pods can't help there I didn't go that route.

Quick Reply: Temp Gauge Probe ( Coolant ) Help?