Keeping Oil Changes On The New 5.4 Neat -- Any Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On my '04 5.4 Screw I cut a piece sheet aluminum, roled it, stick it under the filter and as close to the engine as possible, unscrew the filter, lay it in the rolled up aluminum and let the oil run off the end of it and right into the drain pan. The small metal tray that is under the filter from the factory is there solely for you scrape your knuckles on....

Old 07-31-2005, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first oil change 05 5.4 v-8

I ended up going to dealer, couldn't get the filter off myself and didn't want to damage it. I was really surprised at the cost ,(or lack of), $31.00 total cost. I am used to the european cars and what it cost for those changes. The dealer was very pleasant, no appointment, and only took about 20 minutes of my time. I am very happy so far with the '05. What a nice truck!

Old 08-01-2005, 12:49 PM
As far as the Fumoto valve, does anywhere stock them or do you have to use the web site?

-Steve

Old 08-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by samson
I ended up going to dealer, couldn't get the filter off myself and didn't want to damage it. I was really surprised at the cost ,(or lack of), $31.00 total cost. I am used to the european cars and what it cost for those changes. The dealer was very pleasant, no appointment, and only took about 20 minutes of my time. I am very happy so far with the '05. What a nice truck!
I agree, my dealer was $28.00 plus tax. A lot less than the "quick guys" and they were just as quick. Only place I have it done now. I can't mess with it myself for that price, when I consider the hassle.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:54 PM
ok, now does anyone have the part # for the plastic shield under the filter, or willing to sell theirs? I busted mine off in a ditch off-roading but would like another to put back on! let me know!

Quick Reply: Keeping Oil Changes On The New 5.4 Neat -- Any Tips?