Help on Adjusting Throttle Cord

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help on Adjusting Throttle Cord

Hey all

I just bolted on the new BBK 75 MM throttle body and now the throttle cord is a little loose, how do I adjust that to stay as tight as it was with the stock on?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Old 04-19-2005, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed a BBK throttle body on my 5.4L a few years ago and had the same issue. I had a part laying around that worked to shim out the play on the throttle pedal end. Basically, it was like a cable clamp that I could put in between the end of the cable and the top of the throttle pedal level under the dash. Took out the slack nicely.

Not sure what you could buy from a hardware store to do the same trick - maybe others have some ideas...

Good luck!

Bernie

Old 04-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
on mine the play could be adjusted right behind the gas pedal, dont know if this is on every model but it is like that on my 03

Old 04-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... I simply built a adjustable throttle cable bracket.

Old 04-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I took up the slack behind the pedal on mine, with a couple of cable ties wrapped around the cable. Everything worked fine until one night at three am. I was about three blocks from home and bumped the pedal at a light. The pedal went slack under my foot, and I had to idle home at 3mph. The cable snapped. I learned to leave it alone after that. The good news was that a new TB cable was about $24, and took as many minutes(or less) to install.,,,,98

Quick Reply: Help on Adjusting Throttle Cord