1995 ford 150 fuel/electrical dual tank problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 ford 150 fuel/electrical dual tank problem

Have dual tanks. Have been using back tank.. hole in it. While using front tank.. hit pot hole last month.. check engine came on. After 4-5 times of cranking truck started up. Didn't think too much about it. Two weeks ago engine lite came on again and vehicle stalled . Took 8-10 cranks for truck started. I put some fuel in back tank. Later that week truck would not start again on the front tank. Flipped gas tank switch and vehicle started up fine??? Flipped switch back to front tank and runs fine now there too. Have had some problems again with truck not starting. My key cyclinder comes out while truck is running. I have started thinking electrical. I had a diagnostics done. Said no errors. Checked fuel preesure. said okay. Checked voltage to both fuel pumps in tanks . they said okay. I also replaced fuel pump relay fuse. My next part to fix is the switch on the dash. I also wondered if the igition switch may be bad or the ground wire on my good tank. After I get it started it runs fine. What other items can be checked and or be replaced that could be causing this problem of stalling and then not starting until multiple cranking?

Old 02-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when your truck wont start, listen to see if the fuel pump is kicking in. turn off the key, then turn it back on and right away you should hear the fuel pump kick on for a second or two. if it dosent come on, then that is your problem.

Quick Reply: 1995 ford 150 fuel/electrical dual tank problem