Throttle Body Spacer

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 07:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle Body Spacer

This device claims improved power and gas efficiency--it's called a "Helix Power Tower". I would appreciate feedback on this or any other way to improve the performance for the 2004 4.6L V-8 in the F150.

Thanks to all you guys for setting me straight. I dig the Flowmaster 40. Should I go single or dual exhaust?

Thanks again.

Last edited by johncody; 06-10-2004 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Do a search here on throttle body spacers. If I remember correctly they are considered to be a waste of money on fuel injected engines...

Old 06-09-2004, 11:00 AM
The only way to get these trucks to burn less gas is to take the keys out of them. Recent gas prices have made me start looking at a car to use for commuting, but that is hard to justify also. It takes a long time of gas savings to make up the price of a car and related taxes, insurance, ect. One thing is for sure---the Lariat STAYS.

It is pretty much impossible come out ahead "buying" gas mileage--figure the cost of your bolt-ons and figure how many miles it will take you to recoop your cost---you will probably have traded the truck long before your break-even point.

Sidewinder

Old 06-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Junk.....save your money and use it to buy a useful product.

Old 06-10-2004, 02:50 AM
take that $100 and go get yourself a flowmaster put on it,that and a k&n fipk will give you some good power for the money,the spacers do absolutely nothing,on a port injection engine anyway.all you have to do is think about it for a minute.they say that it will help atomize the fuel better by spiraling the air.it's not going to do this because these engines are port injected.by the time the air reaches the heads it's gone back to normal and if anything it'll make it run worse because that spiralling will cause turbulence therefore inhibitting airflow.plus the injectors have a very fine spray,so that fuel is atomized about all its going to,you might see a very small increase on tbi engines or possibly cpi engines but probably not even enough to notice.it might be good on a carbureted engine though

Old 06-10-2004, 09:48 AM
I agree they're JUNK unless you have money to waste.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spacer