New to me F150

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy New to me F150

Guys and Girls,
I need your help. I recently purchased my 1997 F150 4.6 with 170,000 for $9400 CAN so I can make the long trip from MB CDA to Vancouver Island BC CDA. I just have one prob so far and I haven't had it a week yet...I'm hearing a clacking sound on the pass side cyl bank but the worst part is it comes and goes. There is no rhyme or reason why it shows up and why it goes away. I did have the wires replaced prior to driving the truck home as it developed a misfire on #6. The dealers Mech said the boots had failed causing arcing and a cross fire condition...dealer washed the engine and the spark plug holes filled with water I'm guessing. I love the truck so far it much tougher than my Explorer could ever be but I'm hoping I didn't purchase more headaches than I had with my Explorer. Atleast I knew everything that was wrong with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been reading about the spark pklugs and even checked the PCV which btw is rattling...I'll change that tomorrow.

Chevyssuck

Old 04-03-2004, 01:12 AM
could be a broken exhaust manifold stud.

Old 04-03-2004, 01:29 AM
Bent?

a broken exhuast stud would/should make a noticeable noise with more of a pattern I think. This just happens without warning but it does seem to happen only when the engine is warm. It does go away for a day or two then come back but like I said I just got the truck this week so I can't say there is a definitve pattern as of yet. Thanks tho.

Chevyssuck

Old 04-03-2004, 01:36 AM
yea it would tend to be more noticable cold or under heavy accell.

maybe it will develop a pattern or give us somemore hints soon. hope its nothing major.

Old 04-03-2004, 01:46 AM
me too...

I was hoping to upgrade so I could tow my trailer to BC in Jul. Still have some time to work the bugs out I guess. Here's hoping and praying Henry Ford is watchin over me lol.

Cheyssuck

Quick Reply: New to me F150