Help! Vacuum tubing for "97 f150

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help! Vacuum tubing for "97 f150

About a year or so back I had a battery melt down on me. It just so happens some battery acid leaked out. And sitting right behind the battery casing is the vacuum tubing for the ac and some other funtion which provide a use of which im unsure of. But the connecting piece and tubes have melted, cracked, and crumbled away. I tried the local ford parts and maintenance and was told to go buy vacuum tubing connectors and tubes. Then sent on my way with a quick kick to the butt. The piece that rezembles 4 cones back to back connecting the maze of tubes is unreplacable according to fords local dealer. I have been unsuccessful in locating a diagram and or intructions on repairing it. Of course i've gotten offers to fix it at the usuall starting salary.
I have tried different variations causing the truck to run good, aswell as a/c then after a few blocks it shuts down on me. Its a F-150 V8 4.6L If anyone has encountered this problem and can help please Let Me Know! I hope to have a few pics of the items that I've talked about soon. Thanks all

Old 04-02-2004, 12:09 PM
Everything is replaceable, but hardly ever available. Sounds like you need to scout around some salvage yards and take the picture with you.

Old 04-02-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm looking into a few junkyards right now trying to find a simular make a model. No luck yet. I know if I find the connector piece i should be able to fix it without having any problems. Thanks.

Old 04-03-2004, 06:38 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My friends 99 F150 had a similar problem,but was only one connector.He went to a hydraulic hose and rubber company and they fixed him rite up. Look in the yellow pages under hydaulic hoses.Good luck!

Quick Reply: Help! Vacuum tubing for "97 f150