Ok I asked this before but what is that gas cap light on the dash of an '03 Screw

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ok I asked this before but what is that gas cap light on the dash of an '03 Screw

Ok the light is on and the dealer reset and it went out again. Someone posted it was a low fuel light which I don't think is correct. What is it and will it hurt anything to leave it on and why won't it go out ?

Old 03-26-2004, 09:04 PM
ranger,
Not sure what the gas cap light is, This may be new on the 03 model. I have a 00 and it doesn't have that light.

For years now the closed fuel systems that we have on our vehicles require that the fuel cap be in place and sealed properly. If not the computer would throw a "cel" (Check Engine Light) Code and you would have to clear that and besure your gas cap was not leaking and sealing correctly.
Maybe Ford got the idea of added a light just for this error code alone so owners wouldn't have to have the computer read and deciefer the codes for that problem.

Anyway, bottom line if this is happening to you maybe a new gas cap is all that is needed for your problem.

t-man

Last edited by triumphman; 03-26-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-27-2004, 04:06 PM
A. The gas cap is not installed properly.
B. The gas cap is not functioning properly; have tested.

Old 03-27-2004, 10:13 PM
that light is for the gas cap, if it goes on; check to make sure the gas cap is secured properly.

Quick Reply: Ok I asked this before but what is that gas cap light on the dash of an '03 Screw