Engine Light Fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine Light Fix

I had my check engine light on for a while and the codes read were Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2, and the lean engine code. Went to Advance Auto picked up a new sensor, and asked them to read the code one more time, and damn if another 2 codes were sitting there waiting for me. Same two codes plus 2 codes having to do with the MAF. I had recently cleaned the MAF with Carb Cleaner and did not remove it when I did this. Just sprayed a liberal amount then let it air dry. Parts guy asked if I wanted to buy a new one and I said I would install the O2 first to see what it does and guess what................Everything is fixed now. No more lights. I have about 150 miles on it since then & everything appears to be ok.

Would the O2 sensor cause an issue with the MAF to make a code print out? Any one ever see something like this?

Thanks

Old 03-13-2004, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes - my o2 sensor went out and it did the same thing

I guess because the computer is trying to compromise for the sensor it creates other problems with the other components in your vehicle - once the first problem is fixed the computer doesnt have to make up for it so everything goes back to normal running conditions - thats what a mechanic told me after I installed mine....

Quick Reply: Engine Light Fix