whats going on with my truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats going on with my truck?

Hello all...I have a 98 F150 4.6with 69k miles. About a month ago i got my first check engine light and took it to Autozone to have the code pulled. They said it was the egr valve with excessive flow. I baught the valve but before i had a chance to put it in the light went off after about three days. I decided to install it anyway and when i pulled the old one out i noticed that it was different than the new one. So to make a long story short i just cleaned the old one then reinstalled. Since then i get the check engine light every three to four days and it usually stays on for two days then it starts all over. I am getting a little rough idle when i'm sitting at traffic lights other than that everything else seems to be ok. Thanks in advance...Dave

Old 02-10-2004, 08:18 PM
DPFE sensor.

Ford has had lots of trouble with these. check for a TSB, and maybe a free fix.
Also the tubes were it located are prone to carbonng up as well.

Old 02-18-2004, 06:41 PM
The code your talking about is in referance to the diaphram inside the EGR valve, or, a vacum leak. Check all your vacum lines, even a small crack can mess with this thing. Then check the egr valve position sensor. If no vacum lines are broken/cracked and the sensor is fine then deffinatly go ahead and replace the valve.

Quick Reply: whats going on with my truck?