Performance Upgrades (Mike Troyer)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Performance Upgrades (Mike Troyer)

First, I would like to say that it is great to find an all Ford website.

I have been reading alot the last week or so and have some questions for you that have done some of the performance upgrades mentioned in the many threads.

Mike Troyer, I hope you will also include a response since i am looking at purchasing the upgrades from your company.

I have an 03' SC w/ the 5.4L. I was looking at the Stage 2 kit from troyerperformance.com but have some questions. This kit runs about $1800 and unfortunately i don't have that kind of money burning a whole in my pocket so i was looking at doing it a couple pieces at a time.
1. Where would be the best place to start in order to build up to the items in the stage 2 kit?
2. The programmer seems to have more benefit than the chip but the chip is more expensive, why?
3. The chip says approx 10% power gain, what is the programmer power gain estimated at?
4. I switch from towing my boat to highway driving on a weekly basis, would i have to plug the programmer in every weekend and change the settings to pull the boat? Also, if i do change the program on a weekly basis, is there any potential harm that could come of this to my truck?
4. What Magnaflow system comes with the Stage 2 kit and according to your documentation the SISO has a better power gain than the SIDO, is this correct?
5. Is there any schematics on the website for the dual fan kit? I am curious to see how they wire into the existing wireing harness.
6. My truck only has about 15k on it. Will any of the parts in the Stage 2 kit void my warrenty? Am i looking to do upgrades to soon on this new of a truck?

I would appriciate all the input on these issues and thank everyone in advance for there help. We all know how expensive these trucks are and i just want to be cautious.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Performance Upgrades (Mike Troyer)