maybe we should have got a f-150

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 04:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy maybe we should have got a f-150

well guys and gals, we thought we did the right thing buying an f-250 super duty 6.0 diesel as our work truck, but with the only good thing being fuel is cheaper, that doesn't seem to be the case. anyone out there heard any more on the supposedly "ford tough" diesel with injector problems? the only thing "tough" so far has been getting service from a dealer! is it just us, or if your truck starts to act up after 3 pm, does anyone have a dealer that actually gives a damn about your situation? especially since your truck running is your business working? both times our truck got "sick" after 3 pm, and four dealers couldn't help us IN ANY WAY until the next day! then why the hell are they open for !?!? ! anyway, if there's a f-250 page, let us know, but now maybe we should have stuck with a beefed up 150. yeah? chris and john at caramcharger@aol.com.

Old 09-24-2003, 08:37 AM
All I can say is that I feel for you, there are lots of problems with the 6.0 liter. The 7.3 is basically bulletproof. I think once they get things straightened out on the 6.0 it will be a good engine.

If it were me at this time, I would have went with the Dodge Cummins with the H0.

Here are a couple of sites about diesel trucks:

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/

http://www.thedieselstop.com/

Let us know how it works out.

Old 09-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Injector problems on the 6.0l are "old news"
Have a look at this article:
http://www.blueovalnews.com/2003/pow..._injectors.htm

The dealer should be aware of this problem. Ask them to check the injector part numbers and replace if need be.

Old 09-24-2003, 09:12 AM
Old 09-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello chris and john,

Anytime you purchase a vehicle with the "first year" of something thing associated with it, your taking a big chance. Let me give you an example from my own experience.

- 1993 new Ford Ranger out, I purchased one, I went through 3 engines in the first 4 months because of a strange rattling sounds.

- 1997 new F-150, I purchased one, the engine had a rough idle, transmission leaked, back window leaked, wipers came on all by them self while driving, as long as I had it even after many trips to the dealer.

I now own a 2000 F-150 with almost no problems. The bottom line is I will never buy a vehicle the first year it comes out, or with the first year with a major change, like a new engine, I would always wait until the 2nd or 3rd year, good luck.

Last edited by rkjerue; 09-24-2003 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:15 PM
I feel for you also, been there and done that with a first model year Escape. The dealer should make things right.

Quick Reply: maybe we should have got a f-150