Heater Core on 99 F150

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heater Core on 99 F150

I think the heater core on my 99 f150 went out. I started smelling anitfreeze in the cabin. The smell faded away, but over the last month, I'm smelling it when the air conditioner is on too. Where is the heater core so I can replace it? I have no idea on this truck.

Old 08-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
DC,go to the "v6" forum and read the post"Heater core failure".Be prepaired to be shocked!

Old 08-13-2003, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The damn thing is buried deep inside the dash just to the right of center. Good luck getting there since the dash has to be almost completely removed.

I did my heater core replacement last summer on my '97. It was a pretty big job to do, but I got through it with the help of a copy of the Ford service manual for heater core replacement. Without that, looking at Chiltons would have been a joke and a disaster all in one. I know some others have done it by just taking things off the dash layer by layer...and that is a big a$$ed mess. They included pics, and if I had seen the pics before I did my swap, I would never have touched the thing and I'd still be breathing antifreeze fumes. Go to a Ford dealer, buy the guy behind the service desk a case of his favorite beer, and have him run off a copy of the service manual for the heater core swap. It's worth at least two cases, but don't tell him that.

Have fun...good luck

Quick Reply: Heater Core on 99 F150