Engine light is on

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Engine light is on

Ive had some problems with my catalytic converters so my only choice was to remove them. I have many questions one is what is the pros and cons? the other is my check engine light turned on and i got a system analysis and thats the only problem. is there any way i could bypass this system? I like the loudness and the extra power. Anything would help.

Old 07-18-2003, 12:02 AM
You might want to check the laws in your state. Depending on the state and officer, you could be in bad shape over it.

Old 07-18-2003, 12:45 PM
I'm pretty sure this goes beyond state or local laws. I belive that remove the Cats is againt federal law. If you are having problems with them then the thing to do is to replace them, not just remove them.

To answer the question of is there any way around the computer knowing they are gone...sorry can't help you there. I just don't know

Good luck
Stan

Old 07-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Did the cats fail because of some other problem. If you have a mixture problem and the truck is running rich all of the time it could damage your cats. Removing the cats will fix the blocked exhaust but not fix the root problem with mixture. Would love to know more about what is going on with your truck. Do you know why you had cat failure? Let us know

Old 07-21-2003, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the, "well i guess your f*cked bro " Just b.s. But I really dont know What caused this problem all i know is when i took the catalytic conveters off they looked like somebody put cement inside they were all clogged.

Quick Reply: Engine light is on