how many people have hod problems right before warranty expiration??

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how many people have hod problems right before warranty expiration??

just curiouse about how many guys are having problems right before there warranty is up...this considering you are relativly stock....just no major work. also, counting just the regular warranty...not extended warranties.

just trying to see if there is a pattern here. thanks guys. oh, also list miles before end of warranty as well as problem you are facing. thanks.

Old 07-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Nice timing....I'm 15 miles away from being out of warranty.

Old 07-07-2003, 11:14 AM
JKL
Yep,
Warranty runs out at 60,000KM
Take truck in at 56,000km for oil change and they find a leaky head gasket and tranny housing extension seal leaking. Now I went and verified these leaks by looking myself and they were obviously leaking somewhat..not spewing oil but still something a guy wants to get fixed -especially when Ford foots the bill and not me.

Ploy to sell extended warranties or just the dealers service department doing a good look over on vehicles prior to them going off warranty? Opinoins will vary but I feel that at my particular dealership they look hard for stuff while it's still under warranty so that they do not have to deal with it a year after the warranty expires with a really pissed of customer.

Old 07-07-2003, 11:56 PM
I guess it is better than things breaking just after the warranty runs out

Old 07-09-2003, 02:15 AM
My warranty ran out at 36K and now I have 67K, and I have never had any problems with my truck. I don't exactly baby it either, however I do make sure I do all my routine fluid changes and checkups so maybe that's why nothing has gone bad.

Old 07-10-2003, 05:08 PM
My truck has 34k miles but my time expired on my warranty July 9th. First time for me to outlast the miles over 3yr deal. They replaced the rear end pinion seal which was leaking, and the transmission seal, which they found. I noticed some fluid and had them chek it out. this was at 33k miles a couple months ago.

Old 07-10-2003, 06:41 PM
My transmission blew for the first time at about 31k. That time they replaced the seal and tailpiece.

It blew again at about 42k (still under 12k "service warranty"). They replaced the tailpiece again (think something else might be the problem?).

Then it blew again at about 53k (still under 12k "service warranty" from 42k service). They replaced the driveshaft and the seal, but wouldn't honor a lemon replacement because they said, "It's a different problem." Yeah, right. More like a different fix to the same old problem. It was hard enough getting them to cover it under the service warranty.

Suspiciously enough when I did a pan drop and fluid change at about 60k the fluid was dirty as hell and I found that little plastic byproduct of production. This means they never opened the transmission up. I've been meaning to write a nasty letter to Blue Oval about that...

Anyway, it hasn't blown since then (at 74k now), but it still hasn't really driven like new since 31k. And I'm easier on the throttle now, too, since I know I can't afford to replace it on my own dime.

Quick Reply: how many people have hod problems right before warranty expiration??