engine rpm's and radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
engine rpm's and radio

ok stay with me, i had the heating coil replaced 2 weeks ago and when i got it back my radio would turn on but no sound wouls come out, i took it back they fixed that but then it wouldn't shift out of park, took it back, they fixed that 2 days latter one of the radiator clams poped off and took it back and they fixed that, a couple days ago i got in the car turned it on and the radio wouldn't turn on, but there was power to it bec u could turn onm the clock, well i got back that afternoon and the truck was fine again, saturday i got in the truck and i wouldn't turn on again, so i tunrned off the ac to see if it would make any diifference, well what happened when i did that is that when it was in drive and i came to a stop it would idle at 100- 200 rpms, not die but idle real low, when i turned on the ac again the rpms, went back too 500-600 then 10 munites after i started driving the truck without the radio being able to turn on, the radio turns on and the rpms go back to normal (500- 600) with or without the ac on. i thought it sounded like a computer problem bec everything went back to normal after a set amount of time.so when i got home i disconnected the battery in hope of resseting it and it has been normal so far. this happened on sat night, on sat morning it wouldn't turn on so i tried tuning the ignition on and off and that made no difference, and so i liffted the dash panel next to the steering colum and jiggled the wired and that made no difference either, also when they reassembled the dash they didn't use any of the retaning clips to keep the wires up. this was done at a independent station that we have been taking the truck to for 2 years, and i am about at the pointr to say, "fix it right or pay for the dealership to fix it right" does anyone have any ideals on what it sounds like?

Old 06-30-2003, 03:11 PM
I have no idea except something is screwed up with the wiring maybe.

Your best bet is to STOP going to the place your going to because they don't seem to know how to do anything except collect your money. I would take it to Ford and have it done right the first time.

Old 06-30-2003, 06:00 PM
First of all. You need to trap the gremlins that are in your truck and beat the %&#@ out of them.

And second of all, take it to someone else; they had their chance. Troublshooting electrical problems is an art form they haven't mastered yet.

Quick Reply: engine rpm's and radio