blower

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question blower

I am looking at adding an OEM Harley Davidson supercharger to my 2001 supercrew 4x4. Is my fuel system, etc. the same as the Harley truck? If not, what upgrades do I need to look at to support the blower?

Old 06-05-2003, 05:14 PM
well form what I have seen our injectors, MassAIrSensor both need to be upgraded to 42lb injectors and a 90MAS. ALso obviously your computer will have to be reprogramed to operate the new parts.
Let us know how that turns out as I am curious as to the way your motor handles that super.
Are the HD's DOHC like the Lightnings????-

Old 06-05-2003, 06:55 PM
The Lightnings are the SOHC, 2 valve. I don't believe there is a F150 avalible with a DOHC. Yet.

I think that you would have a similar experiance that someone trying to install a Lightning supercharger would. From what I've heard it really isn't cost effective and is extremely labor intensive. You might want to check out what the aftermarket has to offer. They sell you a complete kit. If you were to use a HD supercharger you would have to figure out what parts you need and locate them.

Good luck!

Old 06-12-2003, 10:06 PM
If you can find a June issue of StreetTrucks, there is a article on how to supercharge the F150. I believe in the install they used a Kenne Bell supercharger. All the necessary parts came with it. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: blower