I need everyone's help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I need everyone's help!!!!!

Ok, awhile back I had to extend the wires for my IAT (intake air temp sensor). Well, somehow the wires ended up being cut too short, and really nothing to sauder with. Well, I saudered what I could and taped it up. But, now they came loose.

So, what I need is a new IAT connecter with about 6in of wire. Does anyone know a wrecked f150 they can get one off of for me? I'm kind of stuck without a truck until I get this done. Please, can someone help me?

Old 05-20-2003, 06:22 PM
Can't help you with your problem, but I think I can help you prevent it in the future.

I have owned boats for almost as long as I could drive and one thing I learned is you don't solder anything on a boat. You crimp. Soldered joints don't hold up to vibration.

We now use crimps with adhesive heat shrink tubing. Absolutely ZERO problems with failures from vibration, water, and corrosion.

Old 05-20-2003, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'll probably do that next time. The only prob is I didn't have very much wire to work with. But, I'll probably try doing what you suggested. Thanks again.