Full tune up woe's

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full tune up woe's

I recently decided to do a full tune up on my 97 f-150. I changed the spark plugs and wires. and when i cranked it up it was missing badly. So i thought it was the plugs being cracked. Well it was not. It turns out i have the heads off of a 98 or something because my truck runs great on the plugs for the 98 but like **** on the plugs for the 97. I was wondering if anyone else ever had this problem. I am now useing bosh platnum 2's i was wondering if anyone here has had good or bad experiences with these. Anyways thanks for listening to my rant. Latez

Syeth

Old 04-26-2002, 07:43 AM
Ive heard the bosh platnum 2's and our trucks are'nt the best combo.. (missing, hesitation)..

but I'm sure there's some folks that will tell ya they are great too

Old 04-26-2002, 08:24 AM
Make sure they are the correct part number. They could be simply the wrong heat range. I had an 82 Mustang GT with a built 302 and I put nitrous on it. I went to buy a colder heat range plug for it and the only brand locally available was AC Delco. It missed, sputtered, bogged, backfired, etc. Brand new. I replaced them with the old Autolites and it ran like a champ. I have an off topic question. I noticed you have a Magnaflow system and patrickjp has the Ravin. What does each sound like? I know this a beaten to death question. I want the non bumblebee sound if I can get it. I am thinking SI/SO with a big tip on the tailpipe . Thanks. Good looking truck by the way.

Quick Reply: Full tune up woe's