exhaust of chip???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust or chip???

i know that i want some more juice, but cant decide on what to get.
exhaust-borla or gibson? i know that they do give as much as a chip, BUT a i dont have to feed it high octane everytime. i have to fill up about once a week

superchip- gives more juice than the exhaust, but only likes to be feed well.

im stuck on what to do, what are your sug. what has worked better for you, an pros, cons that im missing? thanks

Last edited by crazedf1; 02-18-2002 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:29 PM
Id get the the exaust then get the chip, Thats the route I went anyway. I got the gibbson single swept side 3inch you can enjoy the perfomance gain in hp and tork with the single and probily a little better gas mileage. Ive never checked mine after I put it on to see how much a diff it made in mileage. The gibson is the quietest but it has a nice deep tone not like those buzz boxes ive been that route sounds cool on sombodys elses truck but you cant stand to drive it they make such a annnoying noise inside the cab it aint worth it . the only other one i would put on is the borla. They dont make one for are truck but its the same for the 4.6 just order it for that motor. hope it helps dale [mr2x75]

Old 02-14-2002, 08:28 AM
thanks, which one gave more performance from the seat of the pants dyno?

Old 02-14-2002, 02:32 PM
I put the chip in my 2000 150 first. The increase in performance was noticeable right away, especially when you accelerate hard, it will wind out a lot further than it used to, and from about 50 mph on it really goes. I installed the gibsn swept side about 2 weeks after that, i noticed a little more increase after that. what i like best about the gibson is the low rumble that you hear in the cab. I hardly listen to my stereo any more so i can hear it

Just my 2 cents worth

Old 02-17-2002, 03:39 PM
thanks, anyone else

Old 02-20-2002, 12:00 PM
Butt-dyno says...

The Superchip will definitely give you the most performance gain. You WILL feel the difference immediately. When you put your foot on the gas you go...and the shifts (if you have an auto) are awesome! My best 0-60 times went from 10.06(prechip) to 9.15(postchip).

I feel zero performance gain with my Borla si/do exhaust. I "think" I am getting better mileage and the sound if awesome. Plus I had the duals exit in front of the passenger side wheels. It looks sweeeeeeeet. But 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times have not improved. The exhaust mod has been the most fun for me.

So, I would say Superchip if you want performance now and exhaust if you want sound and looks now. It really doesn't matter what you do first, because you are going to do both eventually...you know you are!

Old 02-20-2002, 03:56 PM
true when im done(if there is such a thing) i shall have both

Quick Reply: exhaust of chip???