Blew my exhaust off!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Blew my exhaust off!

Well i had a wonderful exhaust setup that got compliments everywhere I went. It was a stailess steel z-28 style tip mouted before the pass. rear tire. Today I was doing some a/f ratio and mass air work and the truck was running really rich and I was raping it out to clean it up a bit when BOOM! it backfired so bad that the tip plus about two feet of elbow broke off at a weld! The whole piece went flying....I'll get some pics up but now my truck sounds so different with out the tip,,,,i don't like it at alll....

Old 12-07-2001, 11:11 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It must have been a very traumatic experience. Would that kind of power be considered street legal?

Old 12-08-2001, 04:21 AM
that sounds like a warranty issue to me sounds like it was a bad weld on it... cuz when u backfire, it shouldn't blow off like that... unless there is a resonator in the tip... and even then, just the tip should fly apart.

Old 12-09-2001, 09:25 PM
Waranty....I wish Any hopes of warranty work went out the window a LONG time ago The weld had rusted a bit and the "blast" just finished it off....

Quick Reply: Blew my exhaust off!