Discount Tire Co.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2001, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Discount Tire Co.

Hi all,

I would think twice about taking my truck to the Discount Tire Co. in Plano (far north Dallas) on 75 and Plano pkwy.

Even though $1800+ was spent at Discount Tire, they refused to fix/replace an $80 part (purchased/installed by them) that was damaged when the aftermarket wheels were removed.

Talks with the mamager produced no results. Filed complaint with the BBB.

DTC, you lost my business for an $80 part! Your choice! No Discount Tire for me!

Stephlan

Old 09-29-2001, 09:21 PM
Yea the first time i went to a discount tire was my last. I talked to them over the phone about tires and they had the ones i was looking for for a pretty good price. I said ok and went down there. When i got there they proceeded to tell me they were on backorder but they could give me another tire that would take a week to get but came to 1000 for the tires instead of the 600 i was going to spend. Like a fool i put a deposit on them and ordered them but i found a better tire much cheaper at Allied tire. So when i went to cancel my order, which wasnt in by the time they said it would be they, gave me a very hard time about getting my money back and were gonna charge me shipping and a restocking fee and i told them to shove that right where the sun dont shine and give me my money back. After a long ordeal i only paid the restocking fee but they run their business very poorly in my opinion.

Old 09-30-2001, 01:12 PM
Wait a minute, you ordered tires and then bailed and they charged a fee. How exactly did they screw you....you are at fault here so many ways i can't count them.

Old 09-30-2001, 02:14 PM
JD
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada (originally from Kearny, New Jersey)
I'd agree but....

I'd agree with you logical if the tires had arrived, but they were not there as promised so the restocking fee should not be there either.....

Just my opinion

Old 09-30-2001, 03:46 PM
sounds like one hell of a business to start. you just tell people you will get them something, get a deposit, and then keep a little bit of it after you tell them you can't get it.

Old 09-30-2001, 04:36 PM
Discount Tire has always been pretty good with me, atleast the ones in the Fort Worth-Arlington area. Have not been to the one in Plano, but I think that is the one where my friend to his truck to the other day to have a rebalance, I will ask him since he lives in Plano.

Hook 'Em Horns.

Old 10-02-2001, 12:52 PM
Ditto on DT being crappy. Just bought some Goodyear MTR's from them and after trying 4 times to balance my tires, they still could not get it right. Another DT (in Houston) the only one I have found that is good, balanced them on one of their "fancy" machines- the ones that applied enough force to "forge" the tire onto the rim, and sure enough, one tire was out of round. Took them 3 weeks to get a new one in. Oh and incidentally, they ripped the sidewall of my old BFG's getting the damn things off. I was selling them to a friend but it took them 1 1/2 months to get another one in.

Hook 'em

P.S. Did I mention that you have to wait forever to get service.

Quick Reply: Discount Tire Co.