Testing the EGR Vacuum Regulator Solenoid for vacuum

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Testing the EGR Vacuum Regulator Solenoid for vacuum

Hello all. This is a general question: if testing the vacuum regulator and neither of the hoses produce any apparent vacuum to the touch of my finger, is that alone enough evidence to confirm no vacuum is present?

I first tested the egr valve by hooking up a vacuum and it held pressure while idling. Next i probed the #1 wire wih ground and the dc voltage behaved as expected.

This brought me to the regulator

Thanks
Rich

Old 04-27-2012, 10:47 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Does it stumble and stall when you apply vacuum to the EGR valve itself? Do you have any DTC codes?

Old 04-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasnt going to use this thread as a full diagnosis was just hoing to confirm if i would be able to feel vacuum BUT now that ive replaced the egr vac solenoid n the engine lights still on haha:

Yes it ran rough when vac was applied. Didnt stall.
I then back probed the #1wire going into the dpfe n without vac read .5mv n with vac it increased the .5mv to .9mv. Then when vac was released it went back to .5mv

So the dpfe seems ok.

Oh yeah the code:

KOEO 337 egr getting too much voltage

Engine light on
Sudden bad gas mileage
Seems to run ok so far

Thanks
Rich

Old 04-30-2012, 10:20 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
What year and engine is this?

Old 05-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Stwo Wood
Hello all. This is a general question: if testing the vacuum regulator and neither of the hoses produce any apparent vacuum to the touch of my finger, is that alone enough evidence to confirm no vacuum is present?
Yes - If you getting vac, the EVR is bad and you'll have to pull the EGR line completely off until repaired. Otherwise she'll run like garbage.
Originally Posted by Stwo Wood
I first tested the egr valve by hooking up a vacuum and it held pressure while idling. Next i probed the #1 wire wih ground and the dc voltage behaved as expected.
Yea Rich, you only have vac @ cruising speeds, and only for a short time. That's controlled via PCM.

Quick Reply: Testing the EGR Vacuum Regulator Solenoid for vacuum