I Love My 4.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2001, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Love My 4.2

but I get smoked all the time.. I got smoked again yesterday by a blaser (newer one), I was behind this guy by like 4-5 trucklengths..

pretty sad but I think I'm just about done modding this engine (may do the upper and lower intakes for a reasonable price)

your thoughts?

Old 08-01-2001, 01:00 PM
let me just give everyone a helpful tip... DO NOT MESS WITH A CHEVY TRAILBLAZER!!! they look harmless but have 270hp engines and i rode in one the other day... oh my god it was quick... kind of made me want one... but then i saw the chevy badge and changed my mind

i like my v-6 too but yes i do get beat... but i can still take out many rice burners... honda civics, my friends 240SX and plenty others around austin... i'm about to get air force one and a flipchip... if anyone has the two i'm sure someone does... let me know if you get the 500$ worth of "seat of pants" feel... especially with the 5 speed...

Old 08-01-2001, 10:01 PM
Thumbs up

Yeah, I like my 4.2 more every time I look at the faces on those big-block guys at the gas pump. I'm gettin' 22/gal. mixed city and highway. So I don't go as fast...life is made of trade-offs and money seems to be my limiting factor. Guess if I had it to burn I'd own a 5.4 too. - Oh well

Old 08-03-2001, 01:30 AM
3 words.....gears gears gears.....that'll give you the quick jump off the line you are looking for....I really really want to get mine done...but i got hit pretty hard with a girlfriends bday...and I may not be able to take my car to college (limited permits) but if the cicumstances were perhaps 550 dollars more in my favor (cost) then I'd do it in a heart beat.

Old 08-03-2001, 07:12 AM
yeah I'd do that in a second too, but.. 4X4 makes it twice as expensive

1000+ bucks for a gear swap

Quick Reply: I Love My 4.2