Anyone heard different exhausts on their trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2000, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone heard different exhausts on their trucks?

Has anyone actually heard various exhausts back to back on their trucks? I have a SISO flomaster 40 series delta on stock pipes and i want a throatier sound because mine jsut buzzes. Or is there anyhing i can do to my current set up to make it more throty and less buzzy?

------------------
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Things to come: coil spacers, 4.10 gears, Grill
ilmagill@aol.com For Pictures :
www.geocities.com/ilmagill

Old 11-08-2000, 11:29 PM
I have heard 4 different types in a row: stock, open, Gibson Super Truck, and Cherry Bomb glass pack. I posted about the cherry bomb a few days ago. It had a very throaty/mellow/race car sound. Not like those guys that sound like pure flatulant grossness. It wasn't ricey at all and it's growing on me-bad for gibson.....I'll let you know if it gives me any power over the gibson tomorrow.

Old 11-08-2000, 11:37 PM
What is the sound like at highway speeds for the cherry bomb or the gibson?

Old 11-09-2000, 03:13 AM
On the V6 I have also herd four diffrent setups. first was a single in dual out 12" glasspack, it sounded like pure rice. Second is a single in dual out flowmaster 40 it sounds pretty nice. Third is a true dual with magnaflows(mine) it is very loud with a deep tone, but when you romp it it keeps the deepnes but it also gets an underlieing high pitch. The fourth(and best) I have herd was a true dual with 2 flowmaster 50s I could not hear any underlieing high pitch, it had a very nice deep tone and it was the closest I have herd to a V8 sound.

------------------
99 F-150 4.2L
True duals W/Magnaflows
Jacobs Ignition
K&N filtercharger
Custom programed chip
throttle body spacer
ported&polished throttle body
ported mass air flow sensor
Black Magic electric fan
Belltech rear sway bar
belltech 3/4 drop

Old 11-09-2000, 03:56 PM
97 4.2L
glasspack - awesome deep rumble at cruising speed, a little too high pitched on fast acceleration, lots of interior noise at all speeds. sometimes i liked it, sometimes i didn't.
dynomax superturbo - very little interior noise, sounds just like a stock gt mustang when asked to voice its opinion, nice low volume rumble when standing behind it. (what i have now)

i'm considering cutting off the dual tips, sick of the uneven look and everybody doing a crappy welding job to make them stop wobbling. I don't know if I just want to cut them back so they won't be visible or returning them to stock position in front of rear tire (still having dual pipe outlet, but will be hidden by full length running boards).
what do you guys think?

Old 11-10-2000, 12:46 AM
i have had three different exhausts on my truck, stock, a 30" glasspack which sounded very nice, had a deep tone to it and was moderately loud, now i have true duals with two chamber flowmasters on it with dumps right out of the muffler, it sounds like it growls at the low end but picks up the higher pitches at higher revs. waiting for my paycheck to go put the rest on with echo pipes, it should sound deeper then i have also heard my friends 98 with a single in dual out flowmaster, it sounded pretty good, thats why i went with the true duals, trying to get that gurgling sound out of it, it does it when i take off but loses it after 2000 rpms

------------------
'97 F-150 XL,
5-spd 3.08 final drive
K&N air filter,
30" glass pack
HID driving lights in stock grille
...more to come
WILL WORK FOR
SUPERCHARGER!!!

Old 11-18-2000, 11:11 PM
Thumbs up

Had stock wich sounded weak at best and got a gibson 1 in 2 out, sounds mellow but great, but I have a friend who has cherry bombs with the 4.2 and it sounds a lot meaner than mine. Thinking of switching anyone got any advice?

------------------
LILPETE
97 F-150 XLT Supercab 2x4
4.2ltr 5spd, Portifino blue w/ black bottom.
3.5" Fabtech Suspension,
33" BFG's on 16x8 Alcoa's
Airraid, superchip, Gibson cat-back w/ tips, Bushwhacker flares, Steelhorse steps for all 3 doors, window & hood deflectors, color-matched Tri-Glass Hard tonnue, Pedaliner, Custom billet shifter, ****, & pads, indiglo guage cluster, carbon-fiber dash, blue interior lights, Huskey floor pans, and overhead shelf.

Quick Reply: Anyone heard different exhausts on their trucks?