Any Ignition Systems?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2000, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any Ignition Systems?

I have seen a few members w/ignition systems on there signatures. I cant remember if they are V6 or not. I have looked and couldnt find one in summit and didnt know where else to look, so I figured that I would ask upon the wealth of knowledge in here. Has anyone stuck one on a V6? Did it help? Do you think that it would effect a SuperChip? Do you need a PHD in Astro Phyisics to install it? Last but not least, is it worth it? Any opinions or comments are welcome. Thanks

------------------
1997 F150 4x2 6cyl x-cab flareside black clearcoat

Old 11-15-2000, 07:55 PM
I have the 4.2 with the jacobs ignition. I did not get great HP gains but I did get a lot better throttle response. It also makes your engine Burn a lot cleaner. Stock trucks only burn approx 82% of the gas that enters your engine. With Jacobs you burn 99% of the gas. That will give you better gas milege,more horsepower, and longer engine life. Jacobs stated to me by phone that you will get 13hp more and 1.5mpg with there system. And they said that was at the rear Wheel! I dont know about that. Unlike MSD ignition Jacobs is a plug in play aplication. You "will" need a rocket science degree to install MSD. I also have the Superchip. They work fine together. Mike T could give you better info on that. Overall I like the Jacobs Ignition. They have a web site. i dont know it, but use your search engine and you will find it. By the way, this system is not cheap. Your looking about around $400 to get into one. Good Luck, I hope this helped you out.

Old 11-16-2000, 09:53 AM
Wink

FordSport, Thanks for the reply. It really helps to know this stuff, and if I get one I think it will definitly be a Jacobs. Can you notice any difference w/gas mileage of hp? Do you feel that it was worth it? Thanks again.

------------------

Old 11-16-2000, 10:41 AM
I get about 15 more mile per tank. The jacobs works good if you have a lot of other mods with it. It all ties in together. This you will like. You know how when you hit the gas off of the line it bogs untill you get up the rpms? Well, with Jacobs the bog time is about half as much. For me, That was well worth it.

Old 11-16-2000, 10:44 AM
Thanks, I'm sold (eventually)

------------------

Old 11-16-2000, 08:59 PM
Smile

If you go to http://www.performanceproducts.com you can ask for a catalog or just buy it online. They sell it on that website. The ref. # for our trucks(4.2l) is 2793. Like fordsport said, it is $392.95. That quote came straight outta the catalog. I'm hoping to get one soon also, seeing all the positive feedbacks on them. If you do a search on jacobs, you'll notice that the only complaint is price, but I feel a good ignition will be around that price. Hey fordsport thanks for clearing up the difference between the MSD and jacobs. I am all about easy installations.

------------------
2000 Work Series 4.2L v6, 3.08 Gears
Mean Streak Cat-Back Exhaust(Anyone else have one, I hate mine)
Weld Super Single Wheels
Pioneer Deck DEH-P7200
Tinted Windows
Clear Corners
Future Mods: FIPK, Superchip, Spray-on Bedliner, Billet Grille

Email Me at: F150v6@Aol.com

Old 11-16-2000, 11:56 PM
Talking

Does the MSD do the same as the Jacobs? If so, I would rather save a couple hundred bucks. Taxman

Quick Reply: Any Ignition Systems?