Upgrade the nos.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2000, 11:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Upgrade the nos.....

I went ahead and upgraded the system to suit my needs . I added a 15lb bottle, misc. parts from a #5115 kit(the solenoinds were old to begin with), I put on the micro switch(what a PITA!, I had to make a funky bracket). I also plumbed in a NOS press. guage and a fule press. guage. I also changed the rubber fuel hose from the fuel pressure regulator to braided SS(-6AN). Now all I need is a custom chip, a a-pillar guage pod, and I need to get a fuel pump to assist the fuel. This is the coolest though- I got into the schematics and wired a safety switch into the arming system. In order for the arming toggle to work, the parking lights must be on. This will keep me from accidentally arming that damn thing while flooring it on he turnpike.( It happened one day...damn backpack) I'll try to get some pics of my complete install and maybe even a tech article as soon as I can. I must say I am impressed with the way I reinstalled the juice. You can even tell it's there(besides the big blue NOS regulator and the solenoids.) Anyone know where I can find 97-99 Guage pods? I think summits are for earlier trucks....

------------------

*K&N, 75 HP Nitrous, Gibson Super Truck Exhaust, White Face Guages, Superchip.
1987 Mustang Hatch LX
*351W, 250 HP Nitrous, 12pt. Cage, Enough other stuff to go 10's.
1987 Mustang Hatch LX......TLETKA Project Car.....
*2.3L N/a, Will have nitrous, 5spd., 4.10 gears, oh yeah it's a carbed-son-bich. ALMOST DONE

Old 10-26-2000, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autometer makes pillar pods for our trucks. Check their website (forget the address). This is also on my to do list.

------------------
Website www.angelfire.com/de2/6inafseries

98 XL 4.2L
Black/Silver
Shortbed
5-speed
-Pendaliner bedliner
-SlimTop flushmount tonneau
-ASP underdrive pulley
-Gibson split duals
-Clarion CD player
-Belltech 2/2 drop.(Springs, shocks,and shackles)

Soon to come....
-3.73's
-Autometer Tach and Pod
-Autoperformance.net superchager kit (vortech)

Go RYR -Jarrett/Rudd

Quick Reply: Upgrade the nos.....