ABS @ BRAKE LIGHT ON

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2000, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ABS @ BRAKE LIGHT ON

I HAVE A 97 4.2 & MY ABS
& BEAKE LIGHT ARE ON CONSTANTLY. i'M SCARED TO TAKE IT TO THE DEALER SCARED THEY WILL CHARGE ME AN ARM & LEG FOR REPAIR? CAN THIS BE A FUSE? I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT MY ABS ARE NOT WORKING. I TESTED THEM & THE REAR WHEELS LOCK UP. MY BEAK FLUID IS ALSO FINE. SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 09-13-2000, 11:02 PM
Angry

4.2 Power, Boy I know how you feel. My ABS light comes on all the time, but my Brake light doesn't come on. I've bleed the brakes but still the light comes on... My ABS don't work either so. I've come to accept it. Took my truck to four different dealership... Them dummies could find the problem and no code either so I say screw it... I'll drive with it on... But if your Brake light comes on with the ABS light you do need to take it in to have it service!

Keep me informed, to see what causes your ABS light to stay on.

99 Ford F-150 XL

Old 09-14-2000, 08:47 PM
Thumbs down

Hey bud thanks a lot, now I dont feel alone.. I also bed my brakes & my rears pads are new & my front ones are new.. it's weird.. the truck brakes ok thogh. I guess i'll pay the 65 labor charge to see what it is.. My local shop did not know what it was..

Old 09-15-2000, 07:56 PM
Lightbulb

Hey I talked to my friend that has a 97' Ford F-150 V-6 with the same ABS light problem he said, "If he wiggled the key switch it went off" So it could be that the key switch has a short in it... Try that and see if that works for you. It didn't for me. Let me know okay dokey

Old 09-16-2000, 11:49 AM
I had a similar problem. My ABS warning light came on, then I noticed that the backup lights came on when I stepped on the brakes, and finally the brake warning light came on and I took it to the dealer. They found a short in the wiring harness. Seems when the U-haul shop installed my hitch, they crushed some wires. Maybe you have a short in your wiring too!

Quick Reply: ABS @ BRAKE LIGHT ON