4.2 dead.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4.2 dead.

I put in a clutch in my 01 over the weekend everything seemed to go marginally well. After about 5 miles on my way to work Monday I saw where the service engine soon light came on. The truck continued to run great so I thought I would check it out next weekend since the last one was spent under the truck wresteling with the trans.
It kept running fine except I noticed the idle would dip to around 500 RPM at a light. No big deal. Picked my daughter up from school Wednesday and the truck would only sputter when started like it eas running on a couple cylinders. I had no control of the throttle as it made no difference how I tried to feather it.
After a half hour of letting it sit and retrying I notice it would harl\dly fire at all. I went home with a friend and went back up to try and disconnect the battery and see if it would reset something. To no avail. It sits in the school parking lot. I will probably buy a scanner tonight and see if I can reset the code that way to limp it home.
Note: When the trans came out some of the connecting wires got hung up on a rear mounting stud of the trans. They were streched pretty good but not broken. I made sure when reconnected the push pins in the connectors were in place and connected.
Just short of tossing a pipe bomb in it and calling it a day what could be causing this no start situation? I guess it comes down to a scan read and go from there.

Thanks for any input.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After towing it scanning it and checking a few thing found the fuel pump was bad. Geez I am having a bad week.

Quick Reply: 4.2 dead.