Pleas help me! I´m in Sweden with problems...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Pleas help me! I´m in Sweden with problems...

There is no one ho knows about my car i Sweden!
It´s an f-150 -97 4.2l v6... 5800miles

Do have a check engine lamp thats want disappear and no OBD intrument.

I need to get an OBD instrument and a performance trim tool, don’t know where to find one.
Is there a tool with the same nice adjustments as the newer ones with gear shifting points etc.
Guess that a premium setting is the closest one. our lowest octane gas in Sweden is 95octane or is there a tool for hi octane gas?

I although would be glad if some one gave me some good tip and info how to get the fuel economy better, some one heard about the tornado thing?

Tell me all problems that I should be aware of.

Be grateful for all answers.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can check online at www.jegs.com or www.summitracing.com, that would be a place to start looking for OBD or programmers for the engine. As for that Tornado gas saving device, forget it, its just a scam, it does absolutely nothing. They proved it on the Mythbusters TV show. Just do a search for Mythbusters, the info should be on their site.

One MAJOR concern you probably have with your engine is the possibility of the Hydrolock issue. Check out this forum dedicated to just the V6s.

http://www.v6f150.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Theres lots of info on this issue but heres the short version.

On engines made before Jan. 15, 1998 FORD used Timing cover gaskets and lower intake manifold gaskets that were too thin. What happens is that coolant will leak into the #1 and #4 cylinders once the engine is shut off. Now since liquid doesn't compress, then next time you go to start the engine it will bend or break the connecting rod on the piston and your engine is now Hydrolocked. Which means either getting it rebuilt or the cheaper route of buy a new/remanufactured engine.

To find out when your engine was built look on the drivers side valve cover, there should be a stick there with a date on it. If there is not date it may just be a code like on mine. In that case I would call Ford directly and they can at least tell you when the truck was built. Since the engines are built at a different plant and then shipped to the truck assembly plant you might not get an exact date for then the engine was made. I called Ford about mine and the engines are made about 3-6 months before they are put in the truck so if you can find out when the truck was made you will have some idea when the engine was made. If you are lucky and the build date on the engine stick is later than Jan. 15, 1998 then you dont need to worry, FORD put updated gaskets in the engines made after that date.

If you want really good tech info on just the 4.2L v6 check out that forum I linked above.

Quick Reply: Pleas help me! I´m in Sweden with problems...