I Wanna Go Fast!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 05:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I Wanna Go Fast!!!

Hey i have a 04 f150 heritage 2wd shortbed reg cab 4.2 auto and as soon as i get back to the states off of deployment i am gonna do whatever i can to it except nitrous! i wanna know everything i can do to make it faster!!! right now i have a flowmaster thats dumped and........well thats it! Please help!!

Thanks Petty Officer Bowling USN

Old 05-20-2007, 07:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well first thing is thanx for your service. a good set of headers, cold air intake kit and a tuner will wake her right up. a supercharger is also an option depending on how much cash you have.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:19 AM
If you want the truck to be fast, then turbo or supercharge. Then, for a truck, it will be fast. Other than a Lightning.
If you really want to go fast, then get rid of the truck................................. or keep the truck and get a '87-93 Mustang 5.0, and put your mod money into that. I've got a little over $6k into an '87GT (not much more than you will spend turbo wise for the truck), and it will run mid 12's all day long.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:33 PM
thanks guys do you know who makes a supercharger for the 4.2? and what is a good tuner to look into?

Old 05-20-2007, 01:45 PM
unless u wanna put alot of money in it, the best thing to do is to buy something fast.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:23 PM
I agree with these responses.

LISTEN to what these people are saying. You truck is not fast, nor will it ever be fast. It is simply not worth it, no matter how much you love your F-150, it will never be a performer. Its too damn heavy and your engine is freaking lump.

If you want performance you need to buy a platform that is capable of performing from the get go and adding more power as your tastes allow. As mentioned before, you could build yourself a weekend car (say an old 5.0) and really get some power without worrying about mileage and driveability.

Don't try to polish a turd.

Cheers.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Screw all that doubt the 4.2, people have been making v6's fast for years.

Now, if you come home around the end of summer there is supposedly an adapter plate coming out to fit an Eaton M112 (lightning super) on our trucks. Its already been fitted on a few v6 mustangs and they have the some engine with a few minor differences.

Then add some parts from these guys and you have a descent truck.

http://rpm-mustangs.com/home.php
http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/

Last edited by 04heritage; 06-05-2007 at 10:55 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 06-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Yeah that's true 04heritage...

The 4.2l is no hitter off the books stock... with a blower, you will should be able to be near a 5.4l or 4.6l blown too. Actually, I believe, and correct me if I am wrong... but the fastest F150 is actually the 4.2l that is turboed with the automatic... which is kind of freaky since everyone puts down the 4.2l as a lumpy engine. You mean, when turboed, its a crazy engine... LOL

Old 06-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Custom Tunes?

You could try Troyer Tunes, I didnt see any thing listed on their website for your specific model but maybe you could call them. Bama Chips might be good to they do a lot of V6 programming.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:15 PM
The first thing I have to say is the 4.2 with a manual is far from a lump. I have already outrun dodge 4.7's and ford 4.6's. Stock vs. Stock. I have and '06 4.2 and a 5 speed and the aftermarket hasn't quite cought up with the newer ones but there are superchip tuners that sure help a lot. Intake with a custom exhaust is a place to start with the tuner.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:52 PM
alot say that the manual is pretty fast, i no the auto is slow as *****. i have and auto with a 75 shot and barely run a 1500 hemi with a 5 speed.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:08 AM
Oh come on!!! For God's sake are you people on acid? A fast 4.2l F-150?

Let me get this straight. You would recommend someone to take their bone stock 4.2 that runs the quarter in about an hour, and DUMP money into it?

So far the "people" have recommended turboing or blowing this damn thing. You have got to be kidding me. Do you know who does that? People who have nothing else better to do and refuse to grow a brain.

If, for God only knows why, you have the urge to get a fast(snicker, snicker) pickup then buy one. Sell yours and look at an older Lightning or a SRT-10. This way you can get something that was somewhat designed for performance and you have more aftermarket parts and community help available.--Don’t forget the drivability problems you are likely to hit if you try to make yours quick.

Believe me, your truck is not meant for anything other than what it came with. Bottom line.

Spending money trying to make an F-150 into something it is not is not cool. It’s a waste of time and money.

Besides, a TRUCK is a TRUCK. Not a car. They are meant for payload and towing; NOT performance. A lightning may be fun and somewhat quick in a straight line but it is NOT fast. It licks ***** in the corners, and its way too damn heavy to stop quickly. Not fast.

A fast vehicle will be able to turn, stop, maneuver with feeling and accelerate with zest.
You want that? Then get a Z06 or an older Porsche etc. You would be surprise at what you can buy for a reasonable price!

Now forgive me if you simply want to add a few ponies that might knock off a tenth on the strip and help your truck to be more enjoyable around town. That’s reasonable. Look at an aftermarket chip, intake and a reasonably quite exhaust system (these motors sound like sh*t when uncorked), give her a tune up with iridium plugs, new wires, new Bilstein shocks and you should be pacified.

To reiterate: a "fast truck" is an oxymoron.

1. They are heavy.
2. They have a 99 to 1% weight distribution.
3. They use leaf sprung axles.
4. They suck gas like pigs.
5. They are not classy, stylish etc.
6. Their steering is crap.
7. Their center of gravity is ridiculously high.

Personally, I plan on using mine as an every day commuter and to haul my bike while building myself an older M3 for fun on the weekends.....

Cheers

Old 06-06-2007, 01:41 AM
Talking

I don't have any suggestion that already hasn't been said.

But I just wanted to say thanks for your service. What you do means a lot to a lot of peaple! thanks again!

Old 06-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by briandog
Oh come on!!! For God's sake are you people on acid? A fast 4.2l F-150?

Let me get this straight. You would recommend someone to take their bone stock 4.2 that runs the quarter in about an hour, and DUMP money into it?

So far the "people" have recommended turboing or blowing this damn thing. You have got to be kidding me. Do you know who does that? People who have nothing else better to do and refuse to grow a brain.

If, for God only knows why, you have the urge to get a fast(snicker, snicker) pickup then buy one. Sell yours and look at an older Lightning or a SRT-10. This way you can get something that was somewhat designed for performance and you have more aftermarket parts and community help available.--Don’t forget the drivability problems you are likely to hit if you try to make yours quick.

Believe me, your truck is not meant for anything other than what it came with. Bottom line.

Spending money trying to make an F-150 into something it is not is not cool. It’s a waste of time and money.

Besides, a TRUCK is a TRUCK. Not a car. They are meant for payload and towing; NOT performance. A lightning may be fun and somewhat quick in a straight line but it is NOT fast. It licks ***** in the corners, and its way too damn heavy to stop quickly. Not fast.

A fast vehicle will be able to turn, stop, maneuver with feeling and accelerate with zest.
You want that? Then get a Z06 or an older Porsche etc. You would be surprise at what you can buy for a reasonable price!

Now forgive me if you simply want to add a few ponies that might knock off a tenth on the strip and help your truck to be more enjoyable around town. That’s reasonable. Look at an aftermarket chip, intake and a reasonably quite exhaust system (these motors sound like sh*t when uncorked), give her a tune up with iridium plugs, new wires, new Bilstein shocks and you should be pacified.

To reiterate: a "fast truck" is an oxymoron.

1. They are heavy.
2. They have a 99 to 1% weight distribution.
3. They use leaf sprung axles.
4. They suck gas like pigs.
5. They are not classy, stylish etc.
6. Their steering is crap.
7. Their center of gravity is ridiculously high.

Personally, I plan on using mine as an every day commuter and to haul my bike while building myself an older M3 for fun on the weekends.....

Cheers
LOL!

8. They are reliable.

Old 06-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Talleys truck from V6f150.

http://www.nitrousdepot.net/video/Ta...penexhaust.wmv

His truck with no nitrous
http://www.nitrousdepot.net/video/Ta...200-100mph.wmv

On nitrous its ran a 13.88, not fast but fast for a n/a truck.

Then theres OT (Orange_thunder) that runs a turbo and hit a 12.55. no vids of his truck with the turbo. Needs a dyno tune and it will run faster.

Both can be driven everyday on pump gas.

Quick Reply: I Wanna Go Fast!!!