Troyer Custom Chips ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troyer Custom Chips ?

I talk to Troyer today and he said to do a custom chip/tune first. That this would offer the best "bang for the buck". Has any one else had this done to their trucks and what type of gain are there form this. Overall what the best why to go about tuning my truck.

thanks

Truck
04 Heritage
4.2 V-6
5 speed
4X4
Reg Cab/Long bed

Old 03-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I got the XCAL2 from Troyer. I am very pleased with how my truck responded to the custom tuning. I can't provide and numbers with HP\TQ gains but the seat of the pants feel is a huge difference from how it ran before. I recently had the truck in for service at Ford so I had to go back to my stock tune which is night and day from my custom tuning.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisT
I got the XCAL2 from Troyer. I am very pleased with how my truck responded to the custom tuning. I can't provide and numbers with HP\TQ gains but the seat of the pants feel is a huge difference from how it ran before. I recently had the truck in for service at Ford so I had to go back to my stock tune which is night and day from my custom tuning.
Can I make a economy mod for city driving? I think he said that I can have three levels.

I was also thinking of adding a MSD system is that worth it?

Old 03-21-2007, 09:48 AM
With the XCAL2, you can get 3 custom tunes (not including your stock tune). I personally went with 87 Performance, 87 Towing, and 93 Performance. I'm not sure about an "economy" tune but they may do something like that. The types of octane can vary based on your location. For example, some locations may not have 93 octane, they may only have 91. Troyer can tune based on that.

Quick Reply: Troyer Custom Chips ?