milky oil cap

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
milky oil cap

Has anyone dealt with milky oil cap syndrome? I have no antifreeze loss, Bottom of oil dipstick has no situation, and it’s a rebuilt (remanufactured) engine, so it doesn’t have the problematic gasket issue. But I did install a air line filter, the kind used for air compressors on the up stream side of the PCV system, to catch oil deposits going into my throttle body, that as well is catching a lot of water, I know I maybe restricting my crank case air flow, but I don’t want all that to end up in my throttle body, anymore than I can help. And eliminating the up stream to the air intake I don’t want to do either, by installing a breather cap, that just releases the emissions in the air and stinks up the cab. But again with the air filter mod, if its catching water then it’s bound to freeze up and completely restrict air flow! I don’t know if the air mod is causing extreme amounts of condensation or it’s another problem all together. Any suggestions, 1997 4.2 about 60k on rebuilt. This question posed on other sites!

Old 11-22-2006, 11:07 AM
This is normal if you typically dont run the engine long enough to get the oil nice and hot. It is nothing to worry about. It's normal condensation.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:17 PM
Thanks Yank Your right! I've concluded it's the oil separator mod I installed, I'm putting back the stock vent. But I have to figure a cleaner way to prevent the oil build up in the air vent Thank any ideas will be appreciated

Quick Reply: milky oil cap