First F150 upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First F150 upgrades

hey guys, i just got my first f150. ive been looking at this sight for little over a year and finally decided to register. It's a 2003 xlt supercab. It has the 4.2 and a 5 speed. i really like it a lot so far, but want to make some mods. I am looking for a nice sounding exhaust and was wondering what was affordable and sounds beefy. I am on a budget though, as i am still in high school. Thanks!

Old 11-07-2006, 04:47 PM
My first mod was a K&N cold air intake. $200 off ebay, I think you can get them cheaper though. Truck sounds a lot better now and I dont even have a performance exhaust or anything. I did put 9mm high performance wires on, I didnt notice a difference though.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:22 PM
ebay has origional 40 series Flowmaster exhaust for about $60 total (including shipping), mine sounds really nice and i only have a V6, really beefy, i get compliments a lot

I also added the K&N FIPK, this was noticable, but not nearly as much as the exhuast, the difference is beef from the exhaust, and the air intake makes a high air velocity noise under the hood. The exhaust is much more noticable to you and everyone around you, i would do that first even though i put the air intake on first

Quick Reply: First F150 upgrades