converter

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
converter

I want to eliminate all four converters on my truck and and make a fitting to install the sensors back onto the pipes. Does anyone have any experience with this on the v6?

Old 04-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by milron
I want to eliminate all four converters on my truck and and make a fitting to install the sensors back onto the pipes. Does anyone have any experience with this on the v6?

Yeah I've done that to my truck!! But I think its only 2 converters and 2 Colectors.
On mine, the custom made a y pipe, At a muffler shop. And of course put straight pipes where the cats where.

I just left out the o2 sensors that where there. And never conected them, I was told that those are just there to make sure the cats are doing there job.
The ones in the front are the important ones. So yeah go head, you will feel a big difference in low and high speeds.
If u got ???? let me know.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by milron

Yeah I've done that to my truck!! But I think its only 2 converters and 2 Collectors,not 4 converters.
On mine, they custom made a y pipe, At a muffler shop. And of course put straight pipes where the cats where.

I just left out the o2 sensors that where there. And never conected them, I was told that those are just there to make sure the cats are doing there job.
The ones in the front are the important ones. So yeah go head, you will feel a big difference in low and high speeds.
If u got ???? let me know.

Quick Reply: converter