Tried to search for it honestly...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tried to search for it honestly...

Well I got the infamous "EGR Insufficient flow" code and I've been reading non-stop useless information in the searches. Generally comments such as "search" or "buy or manual". I have searched and given up and I have a Haynes manual, so with that aside.

What other causes are there for the EGR code. I just replaced my DPFE sensor due to my battery tie down breaking and the battery tipping over and melting a portion of the aluminum (I believe) housing upon contact. Also, two different threads said you must remove upper intake manifold. Now that scares the hell out of me since I thought I just had to remove intake to underneath the IAC is. If anyone has any other solutions (even crazy ones) please let me know, this is gonna drive me a wall. I've ordered a new MAC intake to put on to give me an excuse to scrub the EGR regardless by next week.

Don't know if this helps, but my gas mileage has gone to crap and the code did not come up untill three weeks after I had replaced the DPFE just to be safe.

Thank you gentlemen (and maybe some ladies).

Old 10-29-2005, 09:24 AM
I had that code about 2 or 3 months ago, and it turned out to be a faulty PDFE sensor. They replaced it on my 01 because there was an extended warranty on that part for certain year trucks that covers it for 5 years or 60k miles. Yours is a 2000 so I'd say it's covered. Didn't cost me a penny. You might want to check your dealer and see if yours is covered also. Did you get the new DPFE sensor from Ford? They made the newer one better and tougher (moisture proof) so that it doesn't foul out like the older ones. If you bought one from autozone or somewhere like that, it may have gone bad. Good luck getting it fixed.

PS- I've never heard anything about removing the intake manifold.

Last edited by Peacemaker; 10-29-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:11 AM
Well unfortunately my extended warranty has come and gone since I drive way too often. It was a Ford DPFE that I purchased. It was harvested off a trashed 02 from my mechanic and he has never shafted me before so if it the sensor I'm almost positive he had no idea, as such I don't know if that was the redesigned version or not. I will take your suggestion though and buy a new one and test it. If the code pops again, then I will definetly know for certain.

Thanks for the thought.

Old 10-31-2005, 10:03 AM
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Tried to search for it honestly...