my truck is a 97, 4.2l

when i star my truck, she begin to shake, and the revolution lower and raiser
and soon it is extinguished, take off, ,, that can be that

what the hell?

Old 09-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know what it is

Reefbrooker,

check and see if your intake gasket has failed and water is getting into the cylinder. What happens is... a little bit of water is sitting on top of one cylinder.. you crank it up... and the motor bucks and spits until it burns off the water and then runs fine.

Make sure you aren't loosing ANY water. If it's low at all.. run don't walk to a mechanic. Also, don't go more than a day without running it until you can check it out.

Also, I have to ask- is English your second language? Or are you Autistic? Not to offend the autistic.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question For Pops

My truck has similar problems, but it's been like it for a while... I added some Antifreeze about 6 months ago, have only done about 3000 k since then, if that, and most "in town". The water level has not gone down noticably since then.... but the symptoms described by the other guy (I think) sound similar.

My truck is a 97, with almost 260,000 K on it, it used to be my second vehichle until my first vehichle turned into a motorcycle . I've done very little to the truck except change the oil and air filter, spark plugs are next. Since the "rough" running is only on start-up it tends to make me think gasket as well. I used to have an older Toyota, and when the head gasket went on that there was no indication at all... Boom it just went. Know of a site where I can get a diagram of the intake gasket you're refering to??

Quick Reply: 97, 4.2l problem