Terribly annoying sounds

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terribly annoying sounds

OK my 97 f150 v6 makes a lot of annoying noises.

First their is the vibrating, at like 2-3 k rpm their is this terrible rattle, that sounds like its a loose cover or sumthing, but its really loud and annoying.

Also when i turn my wheels there is a very abnoixious squeek, that does not stop, it goes from hard left to hard right. It sounds like it is coming from the steering column sumwhere but i cant find it.

if anyone knows how to fix these sounds please tell me, thanks

Old 07-06-2005, 07:10 PM
well the power steerign pump could be bad. but i dont know what the rattle is. i heard the heat shield on these trucks rattle.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:38 PM
The rattle is more than likely heat shields or the cats. As for the squeak, try greasing the pitmen arm, that worked for me. You'll need to buy a needle fitting for your grease gun. Puncture the rubber boot on the arm with the needle and pump it full. It took two days for the grease to work, but no noise since.
Even though the rattle is very likely the above mentioned, my rattleing noise ended up being my trans/TC, not sure which yet, the shop hasn't started the rebuild on the trans. It was leaking at the front and the shop owner said the pump was shot.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:40 PM
jcc
also check the water pump they can rattle and grind when the bearings wear out

Quick Reply: Terribly annoying sounds