IAC cleaning for rough idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IAC cleaning for rough idle problem

So I searched the forums for a good hour, getting all kinds of info on how to clean it and take the IAC off and everything. That'd be great and all if I had a 5.4! Has anyone done this to their 4.2? I get the Idea that it should be a pretty universal job no matter the engine, but I'd like some back-up. Thanks

BTW, I'm at 67k miles, perfect maint. schedule (including mobil 1 every 3k)

Old 08-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Ok, so IAC cleaned using WD-40. That was easy enough. Seems to have fixed the problem, it's only been a day though. I was pleased that for the first time in the last week, it started up this morning without me stepping on the gas, just like she used to, yay! No more shuddering at a stoplight and the resultant rattle may have gone away. Still need to investigate that furthur...

Old 08-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Go buy you some CRC Throttle Body cleaner or your choice brand,but not CARB CLEANER! Spray the inside of the TB and the butterfly.Use a soft bristle toothbrush and scrub the walls of the TB and both sides of the butterfly.Rinse it all down again with the cleaner.Start it up,and reep the benefits of better throttle response and better gas mileage.Also,your idle will be alot smoother too!

Old 08-09-2004, 02:04 AM
Sounds good, I'll do that too!

Quick Reply: IAC cleaning for rough idle problem